jueves, 2 de octubre de 2008

CCK08 The content and the acreditation

« Citoyens, vouliez-vous une révolution sans révolution ? »
Maximilien Robespierre

I read in the course a lot about connectivism like a new "learning revolution" and I ask me... Is it really possible today?... That was a "rhetorical question" because I think that yes, it is possible. But I think also, that we need a new way of thinking about the acreditation of this learning, and here we have only two ways...

1. The society doesn´t give any more importance to any form of formal acreditation.

or

2. If we think that we need still some form of acreditation we invente a new one.

Like ideal I like the first one, but I can´t see it really in our society (capitalist and competitive). My imagination is not so big. Sorry.
In the second option I see more possibilities: A new form of acreditation for your knowledge, for example a connectivist one: The acreditation from the network.


On the top I write a quote of Robespierre, this dead man is now in connection with this post ; ) (Lisa in Networks of dead people, Robespierre was the man of the "virtue": the idea of a virtuous self, a man who stands alone accompanied only by his conscience. (Wikipedia)
Robespierre did terribles things in the name of the "virtue", and I remember him allways when I read now about the "open courses and the credits". I pay fot this course and I am happy that it is an open and free course at the same time. Sarah speaks about it in her blog: "Who owns the knowledge". But to discuss about what is better: pay or not pay, makes not sense for me. If you pay is because you need some form of official acreditation, but that doesn´t mean that you are for or against the idea of an "open course" (look the last post of G. Siemens "History of open content". I think all the people who enrolled this course are in general for an open education, and some who pay, like me, is because they need (or think to need) the credits for their resumé. That´s all.

No hay comentarios: